Things that affect the transmitter’s ground
- Type of Soil
- Moisture Content of Soil
- Size and depth of Ground Stake
• The more current that is flowing the greater potential
for increased signal strength at the receiver.
• More signal strength makes locating easier and more
• Inductively coupling signals is not as efficient
as the direct connection method so good grounds
on both ends of the target utility are important for successful
and accurate locating.
• A good ground for the transmitter is essential
to creating a good circuit.