Mechanical Designer Opportunity
Our Brand Values
RIDGID tools are used in some of the most extreme environments around the world by millions of demanding customers every single day. Building the next generation of these great products requires an Engineering team that values quality, innovation, agility, and collaboration.
What We’re Looking For
We are looking for a creative, self-directed individual who has an aptitude for using 3D CAD to design electromechanical products. You must enjoy collaboration, and love working on innovative products.
We need an individual who can take ideas and turn them into functioning prototypes and new products. The Mechanical Designer needs to be hands-on to make full use of RIDGID’s Test Lab and prototyping capabilities.
We are looking for a team player who wants to collaborate in a cross-functional environment to design and build new tools and innovative solutions that meet or exceed our customers’ expectations. Other team members regularly consist of Mechanical and Electrical Development and Software Engineers, as well as resources from the Sourcing, Marketing, Quality Assurance, and Manufacturing teams.
If you have a strong interest in mechanical design using 3D CAD and other design tools, are hands-on, and you want to play a vital role in the future of one of the most trusted brands in the business, then you’ll be a great fit!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Work closely with a Development Engineer to design and develop new products employing the best state of the art technology.
- Apply creativity towards innovative electromechanical designs for new products.
- Utilize CAD to create 3D models and layouts of custom designed components featuring a variety of manufacturing processes including machining, casting, molding plastics, etc.
- Create assembly and detail drawings using working knowledge of Drafting Standard ASME Y14.5M, GD&T, and Stack-up Analysis.
- Build and test prototypes.
- Identify and implement cost reductions.
- Drive projects to timely completion by close collaboration with other functional team members.
- Associates Degree in Mechanical Design with 3 years of experience using 3D CAD to design electromechanical products.
- Related experience in product development of electromechanical products desired.
- Working knowledge of a variety of manufacturing processes including sand and die casting, forging, injection molding, machining and turning.
- Evidence of creativity and accomplishment in current position.
- Experience using Solid Edge for CAD.
- Experience using a PDM system, preferably Teamcenter.
- Experience using an ERP system, preferably JDE.
Perks and Benefits
- Matching 401k and Defined Contribution
- Holiday Bonus
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- RIDGID tool loaner program
- Employee discounts
- On-site fitness center
- Tuition assistance
- Short/Long Term Disability
About the RIDGID Engineering Team
Our team is primarily located at our Corporate Headquarters in Elyria, OH. RIDGID also has Engineering teams in Asia and Europe.
The Engineering Team at RIDGID develops tools that give our customers the edge over their competition. Our customers are more productive, due to our products being more reliable and best-suited to their applications. Recent examples of our new-to-market products include the B-500, the first transportable tool for the fastest and most accurate bevels on pipes, and the PEX-One, a battery-operated tool specifically designed to make fast connections on PEX tubing.
The engineers at RIDGID take on the overall technical responsibility for the product, not just for a small portion or component. Our engineers also talk regularly to customers to learn about their needs and challenges first hand. If you feel you are up for this challenge, we need you to reach out to us!
A Little More About RIDGID
RIDGID® (www.RIDGID.com) is a business unit of Emerson (www.Emerson.com), a Fortune 500 company that supplies engineered solutions around the globe. We sell RIDGID branded tools, services, and software in over 140 countries to meet the high expectations of expert tradespeople who install, operate, diagnose, and maintain the world’s infrastructure. We have a dynamic, collaborative, growth-oriented culture that creates solutions tailored to address specific needs of these demanding customers.
Imagine being surrounded by intelligent, driven, and passionate innovators all working toward the same goal—to create groundbreaking solutions that leave our world in a better place than we found it. Emerson is a global technology and engineering company providing innovative solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
How To Apply
Just send your resume to [email protected] and indicate that you are interested in the Mechanical Designer position.