Software Project Manager Opportunity
At RIDGID Software Solutions we believe in an agile development methodology and constant team collaboration. Our teams are passionate about working together to solve challenging problems for our customers and our business. Our software is used by millions of customers worldwide; therefore we value quality and agility so we can effectively bring new features to market. We encourage growth via team exercises, training, conferences, and other technical community involvement.
What We’re Looking For
We are looking for creative individuals who enjoy collaboration, who love software projects, who want to learn and share, and who want their work to make an impact. In particular, we are looking to hire an experienced Software Project Manager for our In particular, we are looking to hire an experienced Software Project Manager for our RIDGID Software Solutions department. If you enjoy collaborating on a variety of cutting-edge software projects, advocating for the customer, breaking down barriers, coaching, and working with various teams in an agile environment then you’ll be a great fit!
What is a Software Project Manager and Why Are We Hiring One?
We operate in an agile environment where the teams ultimately own the execution of projects. They can select what methodology to follow, what technologies to use to solve the problem, and what software to use to facilitate the whole process. While our team members are more than capable of handling traditional project management / business analyst responsibilities, the demand for cutting edge software development projects continues to grow. Our teams are weighted more heavily on the technical side and are becoming strained in these areas.
In other words, most of our team members are awesome developers and would prefer to stay focused there. Our intention is to hire a Software Project Manager who can spend most their time working with the Customer to understand project needs, sizing up projects (T-shirt size), answering important questions for the Development Team and the Customer, and assisting with the organizational goals of the department.
Most of this individual’s responsibilities will overlap with a traditional project manager and business analyst, but within the context of an agile organization. This is not a supervisory role, but the Software Project Manager is expected to participate in high level activities like organizational planning, recruiting/hiring, and other management functions.
About RIDGID Software Solutions
RIDGID Software Solutions as at the forefront of software development within Emerson and is empowered to utilize the latest technology to solve some of the most interesting software challenges. We are responsible for delivering hundreds of software applications to both RIDGID, other companies within Emerson, and even external customers. We have a strong competency in ASP.NET, Java, iOS, Android, and “big data” technologies – and we aren’t afraid to try something new!
Our solutions range from enterprise systems like our public-facing www.ridgid.com website – used by millions of users in 18 languages worldwide, to our Distributor and Supplier Portals used by thousands of B2B partners, to dozens of iOS/Android mobile applications, to IoT / Big Data solutions, etc. We are currently investing heavily in the connected tool space, and we will continue to see more and more projects related to interfacing hardware and software in the coming years.
Our team is primarily located at our Corporate Headquarters in Elyria, OH. RIDGID Software Solutions also has a team of mobile developers at our Cluj, Romania campus.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Delight the Customer by solving their problems via awesome software solutions
- Remove impediments for both the Development Team and the Customer by breaking down communication barriers and tightening feedback loops
- Help keep multiple projects organized and flowing along
- Assist in requirements gathering, user story documentation, and prioritization
- Champion ongoing process improvement and project management techniques while recognizing that every project is different
- Mentor and develop team members to be better communicators, to improve organization/prioritization skills, and to better understand customer needs
- Assist with organizational planning, recruiting & hiring, budgets, presentations to management & customers, co-op program administration, and other management functions
- Solid understanding of software development lifecycle models as well as expert knowledge of both agile and traditional project management principles and practices and the ability to blend them together in the right proportions to fit a project and business environment
- Practical experience seeing both large and small software projects to completion
- Sufficient level of technical background to be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex project risks and issues, and communicate effectively with the Development Team
- Experience creating compelling presentations for customers and stakeholders (e.g. via PowerPoint or Keynote)
- Business analyst skills
- User experience (UX) design
- High-level software development skills
Perks and Benefits
- Matching 401k
- Holiday Bonus
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- RIDGID tool loaner program
- On-site fitness center
- Short/Long Term Disability
- Work-sponsored attendance to conferences like Codemash and StirTrek
- Board gaming sessions
- Access to Pluralsight for online training
A Little More About RIDGID
RIDGID® (www.RIDGID.com) is a business unit of Emerson (www.Emerson.com), a Fortune 500 company that supplies engineered solutions around the globe. We sell RIDGID branded tools, services and software in over 140 countries to meet the high expectations of expert tradespeople who install, operate, diagnose and maintain the world’s infrastructure. We have a dynamic, collaborative, growth-oriented culture that creates solutions tailored to address specific needs of these demanding customers.
How To Apply
Just send your resume to [email protected] and indicate that you are interested in the Software Project Manager position.