- 7-1/4 in. blade size for maximum cutting depth and corded like performance
- Heat treated aluminum base for durability during use on the jobsite
- 0° to 56° bevel detent system positive stops at common angles for quick adjustments
- Hex grip micro texture grip enhancing micro texture for maximum user comfort
- Sight line blower directs debris away from the cut line for increased visibility
- Grip light engages light independently of trigger to illuminate work space
- All RIDGID 18-Volt batteries work with all RIDGID 18-Volt tools
|Max cut Depth @ 90 deg||2.44 in.|
GEN5X 18V 7 1/4 in. Cordless Circular Saw (Tool Only) is rated out of 5 by 1.
Rated 2 out of 5 by Fibonacci from Underpowered and will not cut straight The blade deflects alot. i cut a lot of pressure treated 2bys When ripping or making longer cuts the blade has a tendency to veer away from the line forcing the saw into frequent binds that kill the motor, which creates a major issue making long precise cuts. This is an issue noted by others with the design of the saw itself, apparently with the cheaply built arbor plate, and is also an issue with the brushless version from my research. I really hope they fix it. Aside from fixing the blade deflection, I think if they gave it a bit more power and matched it with the 5ah battery it would give it just enough extra to make this a commendable go to saw They also need to create a competetor line to dewalts 60v big boys. 18v just isnt enough power for saws and grinders in general. plenty for drills and impacts tho. Id love to see a 56v worm saw, 10" sliding miter, small portable table saw, and angle grinder id be sold.
Date published: 2016-11-01