Digital Content Specialist Opportunity (Contractor)
At RIDGID® we believe in constant team collaboration. Our people are passionate about working together to solve challenging problems for our customers and our business. Our products and tools are used by millions of trade professionals worldwide; therefore we value quality and agility so we can effectively bring new solutions to market. We encourage growth via team exercises, training, conferences, as well as community involvement.
What is a Digital Content Specialist?
The Digital Content Specialist will help us bring our product and brand messages to market, giving our customers and consumers more reasons to value the RIDGID brand.
What We’re Looking For
The Digital Content Specialist would ensure online digital content is accurate and make changes as necessary, manage the outside content resources to develop enriched digital assets, and recommend new digital development to elevate the user experience.
This would include handling the day-to-day management of the Content Management System (CMS) and translation processes and performing basic image manipulation to scale down and crop high quality images to appropriate sizes for the web using Photoshop or other tools. They would also utilize basic HTML/CSS skills to tweak some CMS content as needed.
Working with other members of the marketing staff, the Digital Content Specialist would also generate compelling content for the web. They would not only possess basic copywriting skills but they would also have knowledge of SEO and Google Analytics fundamentals so that the quality of content can be measured and improved. It is expected that these skills will grow over time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage day-to-day content-related requests like updating product pages and publishing news, events, banners, promotions, etc.
- Manage the translation process by pushing out translation jobs as needed as well as working as a liaison between the marketing staff and our translation partner to make corrections to the translation memory
- Take high-res images and tweaks them to be appropriate for the web (scaling, cropping, reducing quality/file size, etc.) and uploads them into the Digital Asset Management (DAM) system
- Assist with other miscellaneous content-related tasks like fixing product descriptions or attributes in bulk
- Triage content-related marketing requests from our worldwide areas and addresses content-related tasks. When appropriate, works with the development team to address non-content-related requests
- Address day-to-day requests for analytics data (e.g. how many product page views in a given country in a given timeframe, how many clicks of a particular button, etc.)
- Make basic HTML/CSS changes within the CMS when needed
- Help identify content gaps on the web and works with marketing to address them (e.g. important products that have poor content)
- Monitor in-site search analytics to ensure that there are no important search queries that are receiving no hits
- Ensure basic SEO guidelines are followed (e.g. all products should have meta titles and descriptions)
- Work with Product Managers and other members of the marketing staff worldwide to generate succinct, fact-filled content for the web and product catalog
- Experience with a CMS for managing web content
- Ability to communicate with multiple parties effectively to facilitate content-related decisions
- Basic experience with Photoshop or other image-editing software
- Basic HTML/CSS skills
- Moderate experience with handling and processing large amounts of data in spreadsheets (e.g. Excel, Google Drive)
- A 4-year degree or equivalent amount of pertinent experience
- Experience in the digital space (websites, online sales, social media) is preferred
- Google Analytics (or a related web analytics platform) skills
- Basic experience Search Engine Optimization (SEO) concerns like titles, meta descriptions, and proper use of keywords
- Ability to write succinct, fact-filled content using correct grammar in an engaging, active tone
A Little More About RIDGIDRIDGID is a global manufacturer of more than 300 dependable and innovative tools, trusted by the professional trades in over 140 countries. RIDGID products are designed to help professionals in the demanding commercial, industrial and energy markets install and maintain the world’s infrastructure with greater certainty and efficiency. Headquartered in Elyria, Ohio, RIDGID is a business unit of Emerson™, a global innovator in technology and engineering.
How To Apply
Please send your resume to [email protected] and indicate that you are interested in the Digital Content Specialist (Contractor) position.