- Twin Fan High Efficiency Dust Collection - while one fan cools the motor, the other collects dust resulting in maximum dust pickup efficiency
- Soft Grip Handles - for increased comfort and decreased vibration
- 12 Foot All Rubber Cord with Cord Wrap - for added durability and convenience
- Automatic Belt Tracking - tool automatically adjusts belt to center of platen for alignment
- 6.5 Amp Motor - belt and gear driven for added power and durability
- Variable Speed Dial with Electronic Feedback - match the speed to the desired removal rate. Electronic feedback helps maintain motor speed under load for consistent results.
- Flush sanding capable - flat face allows for flush sanding against vertical surfaces
- Accessible Brushes - can be serviced quickly for minimum downtime
- Tool-free belt release - makes changing belts quick and easy
|Input||120 V AC, 6.5 Amps|
|Belt Size||3 in. x 18 in.|
|Belt Speed ( SFPM)||400-950 (no load speed)|
|Tool Weight||5.8 lbs.|
|Includes||R2740 Sander, dust bag, 80G sanding belt, and operator’s manual.|
Heavy Duty Variable Speed 3" X 18" Belt Sander is rated out of 5 by 11.
Rated 5 out of 5 by marklex from works great removing paint I bought this sander(because of the RIDGID name and own other Ridgid tools) and to sand down a heavily painted plywood bed the was shaped like a bulldozer, took the paint off and smooth out the plywood to almost cabinet grade quality. for the price great for any DIYer, auto tracking works great when using the tool properly. Only Con after about 10-12 hours of use it should come with a tool bag like other Ridgid tools come with. Thanks Ridgid another GREAT product!!!!!!
Date published: 2014-09-04
Rated 5 out of 5 by KatC from A real workhorse A real workhorse. I have been sanding floors in my home with it (pine). I have had to sand through glued on linoleum flooring shreds, glues, floor backing, varnish, and 90 years of stains. I think have spent 30+ hours sanding so far. Love this tool!
Date published: 2014-04-01
Rated 4 out of 5 by LloydGeorge from Good tool Sturdy tool; Belt slips after some use; Needs more tension on the drive wheel.
Date published: 2013-12-28