How to Use The RIDGID PowerClear™ Drain Cleaner
The RIDGID PowerClear™ Drain Cleaner is a portable machine that removes blockages from lines ¾” to 1 ½” in diameter. With a 2-Way Autofeed® technology, it makes it convenient to clean clogged kitchen sink and bathtubs while keeping your hands clean and free from touching the cable. Apart from that, it is easy to carry around but is powerful enough to clear the toughest dirt, gunk, soap scum and hair buildup.
In here, you’ll learn how to properly use the RIDGID PowerClear™ Drain Cleaner to protect the tool and as well as prevent injuries from unintended contact.
- Before using the PowerClear™ Drain Cleaner, make sure to follow these initial steps:
- Wear safety goggles and appropriate gloves.
- Make sure there isn’t any obstructions on the area you’re going to clean and if there’s an electrical outlet available. If none, use an extension cord suitable to the motor of the machine.
- Check and inspect the diameter of the pipe to be cleaned.
- If you need to remove the traps or clean out plug, it would be better to use an extension drain pipe. Make sure to maintain at least 6” distance between the drain extension and Autofeed to avoid cable twisting and kinking.
- Install and position the machine in such a way that you have the access and full control of the FOR/OFF/REV switch and foot switch in case of an emergency.
- Pull cable out of the machine and feed it into the drain at least one foot long, then plug in the electrical plug to an outlet and set the FOR/OFF/REV switch to FOR position for clockwise rotation.
- To FEED cable to the drain line, press the foot switch and depress the ADVANCE lever of the Autofeed. Make sure to double check the rotation of the cable and pay attention if the cable is advancing or feeding by monitoring the cable in the drum.
- To RETRIEVE cable from the drain line, depress the RETRIEVE lever of the Autofeed until the tool is just inside the drain line and release the foot switch allowing the drum to come to a complete stop.
- Place the REV/OFF/FOR into OFF position and pull the remaining cable from the drain line and feed it into the machine.
For more information, visit https://www.ridgid.com/