This newly designed RIDGID® 12 Gallon High Performance Wet/Dry Vac is designed for Pro’s and DIY’ers who want a traditionally styled, medium sized vac that delivers the powerful performance and rugged durability required for job site clean-up. Its 5.0 peak HP motor delivers the suction power necessary to handle tough clean-up chores. This vacuum’s 12 gallon drum size results in a more compact design that requires less storage space on a service truck, in the shop, or in the garage. However, it still offers the capacity to handle large messes.
- 5.0 Peak HP Motor provides the powerful suction needed for efficient clean up of tough messes
- 12 Gallon drum provides capacity for clean-up of large spills & messes at job-sites and busy shops
- With the vacuum inlet in the drum, this vac will accept dust collection bags making dry cleanup even easier
- 4 Swivel Casters provide easy 360° mobility
- Accessory storage space built into the caster feet and hose storage on the lid allows quick access to all the provided attachments
- Medium size of vac requires a smaller storage space to store or transport this vac
- Scroll Noise Reduction® is a patented feature that provides quiet operation by precisely controlling the flow of air through the vac
- 1-Layer Standard pleated paper filter captures common everyday dirt
- Dual-Flex® Locking Hose resists collapsing and adds 180˚ flexibility at both hose ends. Hose locks onto vac for uninterrupted cleaning
- Long 15’ Power Cord allows quick cleaning over a large area
- Powerful exhaust airstream can be directed through the vac hose to blow debris from garages, decks, and sidewalks
- Large Built-In Drain located to lowest point of drum for emptying of water
|Drum Size||12 Gallons (US)|
|Replacement Filters||VF4000, VF5000, VF6000, VF3502, VF7000|
|Accessory Size||2 1/2"|
|Net Weight||16.5 lbs.|
12 Gallon Wet/Dry Vac is rated out of 5 by 402.
Rated 3 out of 5 by rbt54 from 12 gallon wet dry vacuum this is a replacement unit. the first unit did not last long at all . Had it for just over a year and may have used it for a total of 5 hours . I can only hope this replacement lasts longer.
Date published: 2017-04-20
Rated 5 out of 5 by AMPlumbing from This thing really sucks!!! ;) This thing really sucks!!! Unless you configure the hose to the exhaust. Then you could say it really blows. ;)
Date published: 2017-04-17
Rated 5 out of 5 by websters27 from Does a great job ! Had water in my basement, my wet/dry vac . picked up all the water an left the floor day in just minutes!
Date published: 2017-04-15
Rated 5 out of 5 by rocjr7 from Easy to use. Tough, powerful and straight forward in use. works better when cleaned after use.
Date published: 2017-04-13
Rated 5 out of 5 by Motdrads from Excellent vac won't ever buy shop vac products again Have bought many shop vac brand machines and never had the quality of the rigid
Date published: 2017-04-10
Rated 4 out of 5 by MANGLITTER74 from This product really Sucks Good. The only thing I have a problem with is the handles. When I get a load and have to dump it the top has came off when lifting or caring it.
Date published: 2017-04-07
Rated 5 out of 5 by mbart33 from outstanding Very good suction , easy to use -great warrenty- if your buying , buy a ridgid
Date published: 2017-04-07
Rated 5 out of 5 by Hrcrusher68 from Love it during my First Use Just bought one today to clean out my sump pit in basement. It handled it easily with plenty of suction. The 2 1/2" hoses are awesome for larger volume projects. Several attachments and the two extender tubes are very useful also. It's fairly light weight for the capacity that it holds. I also bought the VF7000 filter for today's project being draining water/sand/debris from my sump pit to clean it up.
Date published: 2017-04-01
how do I use the wet vac feature on my 12 gallon hp wet/dry vac
I lost my booklet and would like to pick up the last bit of water in the bottom of my hot tub after draining? My vac is not the new version.
Take out the bag, put on the squeegee attachment, and have at it. Empty the vac when you are done and let dry before you insert the bag back in.
Date published: 2016-03-17
Is there supposed to be a rubber gasket or seal between the top and bottom? Mine doesn't have one.
No, the vac does not come with a gasket or seal between the vacuum head unit and the catch can.
Date published: 2016-03-10
how to switch function from blower to vacuum port
I hooked hose to vacuum port and it worked well. I turned it off I returned later, turned it on and blower port was on,.. with hose in vacuum port. Cant get it to vacuum again.
it will always vacuum from the vacuum port and blow from the blower port. it's possible you clogged the hose.
Date published: 2016-02-26
How do you install VF3502 filter bag on the WD1270 vacuum?
In the previous question about bags for this model, the answer give was to use the VF3502 filter bags. However, the instructions for installing the bag on the 2 rib inlet tube don't match the anatomy of the WD1270, which has an inlet tube that is molded into the body at the bottom so the cardboard collar cannot be attached.
I noticed a slight variance in the instructions and the actual vacuum also. But not to worry, it still attaches between the two ribs just as the instructions say.
Date published: 2016-06-05
Vacuum bags, which ones and how to install?
I've been trying to find the proper vacuum bag and how to attach/install it into this vacuum that I've had for years. Anybody have a solution? I'm heading to the HD this afternoon to see what they say.
HD has the generic 9 to 15 gallon vac bags that are a bit too long but work anyway. These are the ones I use.
Date published: 2015-01-24