How to Use RIDGID K-6P Powered Toilet Auger
The RIDGID K-6P Powered Toilet Auger is designed for cleaning toilet drains through the toilet trap. It can also be used for clearing stubborn blockages on urinals, and even on floor or shower drains. This tool can be maneuvered through the drain either manually or can be operated with a battery powered drill with up to 500 RPM maximum speed.
Like any other RIDGID tools, the K-6P Auger is built with quality and durability. It has an ergonomically designed, non-slip grip handles and has a corrosion-resistant, zinc plated steel tube that makes it as an ideal toilet clog remover.
Learn how to use it properly to maximize its safety, reliability and ease of use.
- Inspect and make sure that the Crank handle is securely attached.
- Pull the Crank Handle to retract the cable into the guide tube and carefully insert the guide tube into the toilet drain. Afterwards, tilt the auger for easy entry. Please note that the end of the guide tube must be in the drain to support the cable.
- While pushing the Crank Handle, rotate the cable in forward or clockwise direction to move the cable into the drain and negotiate traps and tight bends.
- If you want to further extend the cable beyond the 3ft. initial depth, simply press the button and pull the Crank Handle until it locks to the second hole.
- Once done, you can retrieve the cable by pulling and rotating the handle in forward or clockwise direction until the cable is out of the drain and then remove the guide tube accordingly.
For powered operation, here is what you have to do first:
- Instead of using the Crank handle, remove it from the auger and securely attach a droll to the drive shaft.
- Set the drill to low speed and forward its direction and basically follow the same procedure as above.
For more information, visit https://www.ridgid.com/