The RIDGID® Portable wet/dry vac is designed to deliver powerful performance in a compact size. Its lightweight, small size and large carry handle provide comfortable portability. Large rear wheels and front casters provide great mobility and the accessory storage caddy keeps nozzles and wands close at hand. The vacuum’s 5.0 peak horsepower motor, 20-foot power cord, blowing capability, locking hose, quiet operation and 3-layer fine dust filter will please Pros and DIY’ers alike.
- 5.0 Peak HP motor provides powerful performance comparable to larger size wet/dry vacs
- Lightweight vac is extremely portable
- Large carry handle is designed for convenient portability
- Large rear wheels & casters provide great mobility over carpeted floors, thresholds, and rough floors at job sites
- Accessory storage caddy keeps accessories organized and close by for easy access
- Tug-A-Long® locking hose won’t pull loose during use
- 1-7/8" diameter hose offers non-clogging performance similar to larger diameter hoses with the flexibility of smaller diameter hoses
- Long 20' power cord allows wide area cleaning and wraps neatly around carry handle when it’s not in use
- Blowing capability allows the vac to convert to a powerful, portable blower when the hose is inserted into the exhaust port
- 3-layer fine dust filter captures fine dust particles such as dry wall dust
|Drum Size||4 Gallons (US)|
|Replacement Filters||VF3500, V3501|
|Accessory Size||1 7/8"|
|Net Weight||12 lbs.|
Seeing as there is no foam filter with this unit, will it damage the vacuum to remove the filter for vacuuming up liquid?
Absolutely! There must be a foam filter on the unit when vacuuming up liquids to prevent debris from getting in to the impeller.
Date published: 2016-08-04
replacement / different filters
it seems like all the filters you sell are for the larger vacs, are there any filters available to purchase for this vacuum if we need to replace the stock one or want a different filter? thanks
Go to your local Home Depot or if you prefer you can order on-line from HomeDepot.com have the product shipped to your local store for FREE.
Date published: 2016-08-04
How often do I need to change the filter?
I have been cleaning out the ducs in my house and the one I got with the machine today already looks very dirty.
not sure, I use the bags for dry pick up only and the filter stays clean. You can feel the bag to see if getting full. For filter, suggest once a year if you use it to clean air ducts only...doesn't sound like you use it a lot. filters can last a long time and look like they are very dirty. You can take the filter off and tap it inside a garbage bag and run fingers over the filter to get some dirt, dust cobwebs off.
Date published: 2016-06-26
How do you clean the power head
and after removing the filler I noticed that a good amount of dust collects around the filler . I believe this happens when a bag is not used. In which I plan to do. I'm new to the product this will be my first time using it, being so Ied like to clean it thoroughly, for I'll be using inside my house.
Unless you are using it as a wet vac make sure to use a clean filter that is properly installed, (it's simple), and if need be wipe down the motor housing with a damp, not wet, cloth with the unit unplugged.
Date published: 2015-03-21
Did I get a dud?
I have had this unit for a very short time with light use......partly because I cant get to suck anything. I purchased to suck up water from when my washer leaked and it picked up nothing.....also when trying to suck up dry materials. it wouldn't even pick up a penny off the floor...Am I doing something wrong? When I remove the hose the suction is very strong...but when the hose is attached the suction is very poor...
Check your hose for a blockage. I just checked mine and it easily sucks up quarters off the floor.
Date published: 2017-04-08