How To Become a Preferred Online Distributor
Preferred Online Distributor Policy
Purpose of Policy
Ridge Tool Company has developed and maintains a customer facing website that features all RIDGID products and other relevant information. We are focused on ensuring that RIDGID products and services are well-positioned and easily accessible via the internet to help support our distribution partners in the marketing and sales of RIDGID products.
RIDGID Internet Distributor Policies and Guidelines
In order to help promote and direct end-users to distribution partners who can provide the exceptional online experience customers have come to expect, we have developed a Preferred Online Distributor Policy in order to achieve that experience. This policy explains the requirements for Distributors who qualify as a Preferred Online Distributor. Ridge Tool Company will determine, at its sole discretion, if a distributor’s website meets any and all requirements and reserves the right to alter the eCommerce Policy or remove any distributor’s links from Ridge Tool Company’s website at any time.
Preferred Online Distributor
To qualify as a Preferred Online Distributor, Ridge Tool Company requires the following:
- Be an Authorized Distributor of the Ridge Tool Company in good standing
- Comply with Ridge Tool Company’s Minimum Advertised Price Policy (MAP Policy)
- Prominently display ownership of website with distributor name and/or logo and make clear that it is separate from any RIDGID logos or trademarks.
- Maintain a minimum Medal Status of Silver in the PROAction pricing program
- Provide monthly point-of-sale data of all RIDGID product sales, consisting of the RIDGID catalog number, quantity, and ship-to postal code
- Have a dedicated RIDGID landing page. This page will be the first page shown when the distributor’s logo on the RIDGID.com website is clicked. The dedicated landing page must meet the following requirements:
- Use a stylized RIDGID logo towards the top of the required landing page. The page must be easily identified as a page dedicated to RIDGID products. Click on this link to see the acceptable logo versions.
- When using RIDGID in text, all letters must be capitalized
- The RIDGID landing page should contain no advertisements for other product lines, or general advertising banners
- Distributor’s website will be professional and display accurate high resolution images of RIDGID products, contain accurate product content, and otherwise offer a exceptional user experience as determined by the Ridge Tool Company
- Carry full line of RIDGID products on website, including but not limited to – Pressing/Crimping Technologies, Diagnostics, Inspection, & Locating products
- Will provide the Ridge Tool Company with a company logo to be used as a link to the distributor’s website. The logo must meet the following requirements:
- Acceptable File types: .png, .gif, .jpg, .eps, .psd, .ai
- Dimensions: Min Width or height of 500px; landscape orientation preferred
- Resolution: anything 72dpi or above is acceptable
- Transparent or white background
- No tagline or anything other than the logo itself
Distributors who make significant investments in the RIDGID product line, as well as their own website, can qualify to become a Preferred Online Distributor. Ridge Tool Company will promote these distribution partners by prominently displaying the Preferred Online Distributor marketing logo on RIDGID.com product pages. Ridge Tool Company will also have a webpage dedicated to Preferred Online Distributors with a direct link to the RIDGID landing page on the distributor’s website.