RIDGID Wet/Dry Vac and Backpack Vac Full Lifetime Warranty
RIDGID branded Vacs are best-in-class Vacs that allow the end-user to complete jobs more quickly and reliably.
What is Covered?
RIDGID Vacs and/or air movers ("Vacs") are warranted to be free of material and workmanship defects for the lifetime of the Vac.
How Long Coverage Lasts?
The Lifetime warranty lasts for the manufacturer’s defined lifetime of your Vac. The Vacs are designed to have a run life of 500-700 hours. The warranty coverage ends the shorter of: after such run life or the product becomes unusable for reasons other than defects in workmanship or material.
How to Obtain Warranty Service?
If the Vac was purchased within 90 days, you can take it back to Home Depot with the receipt to get a replacement. Other retailers have their own return/exchange policies you can take advantage of.
If the product no longer qualifies for the return/exchange policy of the retailer, warranty claims need to go through us (manufacturer). We need to inspect the Vac to verify if the failure was due to defects in workmanship and material. If your claim is covered under the warranty, we will, at our sole option, (a) send a replacement for the defective portion of your RIDGID Vac or (b) replace your entire RIDGID Vac. To initiate a warranty claim, click here.
What We Will Do to Correct Problems
Warranted products will be repaired or replaced, at RIDGID’s option, and returned at no charge.
Why there are different warranties for the RIDGID line of products and what is the warranty?
There are numerous products in RIDGID product line and the warranty applicable to any particular product can vary due to the nature of the product, how it is used, the necessity and complexity of repair, etc… For example, our Wet/Dry Vacs have a lifetime warranty; power tools have a 3-year limited warranty. Information on the various warranties can be found at www.ridgid.com.
What is Not Covered - Warranty Exclusions
This limited warranty does not extend to and expressly excludes:
Failures due to misuse, abuse or normal wear and tear are not covered by this warranty.
Normal wear and tear of and/or replacement attachments or accessories, including, without limitation, power cords, hoses, filters, and other attachments or accessories that may be offered for sale by us for use with the RIDGID Vac.
Damage or burnout of the RIDGID Vac motor resulting from failure to clear a blockage occurring during the normal course of use.
Loss or damage to the RIDGID Vac resulting from conditions beyond RIDGID’s control including without limitation, misuse, accident, abuse, neglect, negligence (other than RIDGID’s), overuse beyond intended capacity as set forth in your Owner’s Manual, or modifications or alterations made by anyone other than RIDGID.
Loss or damage to the RIDGID Vac resulting from failure to use the RIDGID Vac in accordance with the written instructions, guidelines, and terms and conditions set forth in the Owner’s Manual.
RIDGID shall not be responsible for any incidental or consequential damages.
How Local Laws Relate to the Warranty
Some areas do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary, from state to state, province to province, or country to country.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES: No Other Express or IMPLIED Warranty:
THIS FULL LIFETIME WARRANTY IS THE SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE WARRANTY FOR THIS RIDGID PRODUCT. RIDGID MAKES NO OTHER EXPRESS WARRANTIES AND NO IMPLIED WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THE VACS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS. NO EMPLOYEE, AGENT, DEALER, OR OTHER PERSON IS AUTHORIZED TO ALTER THIS WARRANTY OR MAKE ANY OTHER WARRANTY ON BEHALF OF THE RIDGID.
NORMAL WEAR AND TEAR EXPLANATION:
Commonly, our Vacs are used on job sites in the demanding applications and environments. Under these conditions and over time, the RIDGID product may experience normal wear and tear and require service outside of a warranty claim.
DEFECTS IN MATERIALS OR WORKMANSHIP INSPECTION EXPLANATION:
It is our experience that a product that fails prematurely due to a manufacturing defect in materials or workmanship, will generally do so very early in the products life cycle, often the first or second time the product is used. When returned for inspection, these products are generally found to still be in like new condition and show very little signs of use. It is uncommon for a product that was manufactured with a defect, to survive under normal use for any extended period of time. Products that are returned for warranty inspection after months or years of continuous reliable service are rarely found to be defective. The most common demand for service is the result of normal wear and tear issues, which may not be considered a defect in materials or workmanship.
Troubleshooting Your RIDGID Vacs
What issues are you experiencing?
The vacuum is not turning on, motor does not run.
Check power supply.
- Check your fuse/circuit breaker.
- Is the vacuum plugged in?
- Are you using the proper voltage of 120?
Are you using an extension cord?
- Using an extension cord is highly discouraged. If unavoidable, follow safety guidelines and the proper extension cord rated for the amount of current the appliance uses.
- Replace cord or plug if there is any damage. (click to purchase service part)
- Use a multimeter or an ohmmeter to check for continuity.
- Replace switch.
- If you are able to replace the switch, we will send a replacement switch at no charge.
- Otherwise, click here to initiate warranty claim.
- Use a multimeter or an ohmmeter to check for continuity.
Motor exhaust is smoking
- Turn off and unplug the vac immediately. Click here to initiate warranty claim (send to lab - safety).
Is your vac brand new?
- Yes - New motors often will have a break-in, "motor odor." This should go away after several minutes of running. The cause is the varnish that is on the motor windings. After the break-in period, this odor should no longer be present.
- No – Turn off and unplug the vac immediately. Click here to initiate warranty claim (send to lab- safety).
Sparking on the switch or the motor
- No – If the vac and the switch are working, there is no problem with the vac.
- Yes – Turn off and unplug the vac immediately. Click here to initiate warranty claim (send to lab- safety).
Is there a burning/electrical smell?
Is air coming out the blower port?
No – The blower wheel could have been sheared off.
- Contact Customer Service at 1-800-474-3443 from Monday to Friday between 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM CST to check if replacement blower wheel for your model is available.
Check for blockage
- Empty the tank
- Clean or replace the filter
- Check the float. It should be moving freely
- Check the hose for any blockage
Check for loose connections
- Check hose connections
- Tighten the drain cap
- Replace hose if there are holes or tears
- Make sure that the powerhead is seated correctly to the drum
If you need to contact Customer Service, their hours of operation are Monday through Friday, 8-5 PM CST.
If after troubleshooting, you are still experiencing issues – click here to initiate warranty claim request.