- This tool is backed by the industry’s only lifetime service agreement, simply register within 90 days of purchase for free parts, free service for life.
- Activate button: the unit powers off automatically after 8 hours of charging to conserve RIDGID battery life, simply press the activate button again to reactivate for 8 more hours of charging
- Convenient charging: charge your smart devices anywhere without the hassle of an outlet
- 2.0 Amp USB port charges tablets and USB compatible devices with any RIDGID 18-Volt battery
- Belt clip: for easy carrying capability on and off the jobsite
- Portability: slides right onto the top of the 18-Volt battery to take up as little space as possible
18V USB Portable Power Source with Active Button is rated out of 5 by 3.
Rated 5 out of 5 by Len1 from Extremely handy, simple & functional A year or so ago I bought two of these and gave one to my son. We both use them often, my son almost daily. I am about to order two more so I can have one at work and one for my wife as all of the other phone backup batteries have died of old age. These just keep on working.
Date published: 2018-04-06
Rated 5 out of 5 by SmokedNeckbones from Worked Perfectly allows me to use my USB devices anywhere The adapter allows you to power a USB device. I used this to power my USB devices I have 2.0,4.0 and a 5.0 AH the 2.0AH was all I needed to power my device for hours. It will run for 8 consecutive 8hrs, if the battery has enough juice for it, and then shut off automatically. This is to prevent the battery from draining in the event that you forget to disconnect it. If this happens to you just press the power button and it will restart.
Date published: 2017-12-11
Rated 5 out of 5 by AmazingRidgid from Amazing Charger This charger is amazing. I use this frequently and have never had a bit of trouble out of it! Have recommended this product to anyone willing to listen!
Date published: 2017-07-07
Hours of charging
How many hours of 5v 2A charding can one get from your 2A and 4A batteries? Do you have an example of how many full charges to an iPhone each battery can do?
A 4Ah battery means it has enough capacity to provide 4 amps of power per hour. The batteries are 18 volts, so the battery capacity in Watts is (4 * 18 = ) 72 Whr (watt hours). The USB charger supplies power at 5 volts & 2 amps, so converted to Watts that's (5 * 2 =) 10 Watts. So an 18v 4Ah (72 watt hour) battery would take the charger a little over 7 hours for the USB charger to drain it. If your USB device uses less than 2 amps of power, it'll take longer to drain.
Date published: 2017-09-06
Does this only have 1 USB port for charging. Are there any plans of making one with multiple ports.
Yes this only has 1 port I am unaware if they are planning an updated model with more ports but definitely something to hope they do!
Date published: 2017-09-06
What is the run time with each the RIDGID battery. (Example 2ah, 4ah etc.)
In the describing this product you misspelled charging and spelled it (charding).