- Easy to use. At only 21", this lightweight and compact tool is great for tight quarters and awkward locations.
- Heavy-duty design. Sturdy machined, corrosion-resistant materials for dependable lifelong benefits.
- Built-in bleed valve allows for easy purge of chips.
- Independent cutter feed gives the operator total independent control of the cutter feed rotation for optimal saw life.
- Taps a variety of materials including steel, cast iron, ductile iron and plastic pipe.
- Versatility. The RT3422 is capable of tapping mains of water up to 500 psig and steam, air and natural gas up to 150 psig.
- Coupon retaining bits. Exclusive pilot bits give you the confidence that the coupon will not be dropped in the pipe, preventing medium contamination or possible damage of downstream equipment.
|Tapping Capacity||3/4 - 2".|
|Mounting||Saddle, welded nipple, Weld-o-let®, Thread-o-let®.|
|Activation||Hand ratchet, air ratchet, right angle drill.|
|Cutter Feed||Rotation of sleeve around an Acme threaded barrel.|
|Pressure||Water: 500 psig @ 100°F.|
|Steam, air and natural Gas, 150 psig @ 370°F.|
|Catalog Number||Model No.||Description||Weight|
|75982||RT3422||Tapping Machine Only||16||7.30|
|75992||RT3422||3/4" - 2 NPT Set (Male)||53||13.60|
|91192||RT3422||3/4" - 2" CTS Set (Flared)||4 4/5||3.00|
Hole Saw Arbors
Do you make an adapter so you can turn the drill with some kind of a power drill?
While we do not make an adapter for this application it is a common practice for some to utilize a hex bit 3/8” socket adapter and a 11/16” socket mounted to their right angle drill to rotate the cutter.
Date published: 2017-09-06
Will this work for hot tapping copper lines?
Thank you for being a Ridge Tool customer. The RT3422 is designed for branching pressurized water, steam and natural gas mains. It can tap a variety of materials including steel, cast iron, ductile iron and plastic pipe, but not copper.
Date published: 2018-02-06