- 11.5 Amp Motor - Drives two blower wheels to optimize suction and deliver industry-leading performance.
- 2-Stage Motor - Creates powerful “high-lift” suction and more efficient air flow. Result – more suction power and quieter operation.
- Longer Motor Life - Over 700 hours on average.
- Sturdy Cart, Push Handle & Large Non-Marring Wheels - These features act together to allow the vac to travel easily up/down stairs and over rough terrain.
- Accessory Storage Bag - Keeps accessories organized and close by for easy access.
- Cord-Wrap/Large Handle - Large carry handle provides an area for the storage of the 25’ power cord.
- 2-Piece Drum Construction - Rugged construction to meet the higher demands found at work sites.
- 16 Gallon Drum - Cleans up large spills & messes at work-sites and busy shops.
- Sound Reduction Technology - Scroll Noise Reduction® is a patented feature that provides quiet operation by precisely controlling the flow of air through the vac.
- Professional Locking Hose - The hose won’t pull loose during use, and is four times more durable than our standard hose.
- Blowing Capacity - Blow leaves from walkways or decks, and debris from job sites, tools, etc.
- Large Built-in Drain - Drain located to lowest point of drum for emptying of water.
- Includes - Vacuum, owner's manual, 2 steel extension wands, 17/8" x 10' premium locking pro hose, floor tool with 3 inserts (floor nozzle, squeegee and carpet cleaning nozzle), multipurpose nozzle, crevice tool, muffler/diffuser, and fine dust filter.
|Built-In Accessory Storage||Yes|
|Filter Type||Fine dust cartridge|
16 Gallon 2-Stage Wet/Dry Vac is rated out of 5 by 33.
Rated 4 out of 5 by DIXON from Functions as advertised Nothing super about it. It works well and that's what I wanted.
Date published: 2017-05-12
Rated 5 out of 5 by Rawhyde from Another great rigid product added to my collection I bought this 16 gallon wet dry vac about a week ago. I've already used all three functions with that comes with the vac I started out by sucking the water off of the solar cover on my above ground pool. I then use the vacuum after a drying. To vacuum the carpet in our automobile and I also use the blower function on it to blow the dirt and debris out of my garage all three functions performed excellently this is a great product And the value is unbeatable. Rigid did it again!
Date published: 2017-05-10
Rated 5 out of 5 by KirkP from It really sucks (and that's good) The vacuum power is excellent. I like the array of available attachments. It is obvious that quite a bit of effort went into designing the vacuum so that it is useful both in the shop and in the house. The lighted wand for vacuuming a car is very useful. I think 16 gallons is the breaking point between being easy to manage and beginning hard to manipulate in close quarters like a normal man (or woman) cave and a home shop.
Date published: 2017-05-05
Rated 5 out of 5 by Armor from Best vac I ever used This is the most silent vac I have ever used . Amazed at well it picks everything up . I will buy rigid again . I have been a contractor for years and used other brands . But I'm all rigid now !!
Date published: 2017-03-15
Rated 5 out of 5 by SilverDragon16 from Small and POWERFUL This comes up as a 16 gallon 2 stage when I registered it but in fact I bought the 4 gallon 5.0 HP wet/dry vac. However it works great it's small enough that my wife uses it to clean the stairs and the house, and I use it for cleaning our trucks. I will also use it for any other clean up projects I come across.
Date published: 2017-03-03
Rated 5 out of 5 by MjrDzasterArt from Mostly all good. It's a good vacuum. I received it as a gift for my art studio, where I create and work on a lot of different type of projects, from wood working as in sculpture, foam sculpting, clay sculpting, prop making, miniatures, models, architectural models, Foam Core work, paper mache and other cardboard related crafts projects where I also teach private arts and crafts...so I need a vacuum that can handle a lot of use. My only complaint I have is that when I am moving the vacuum around, if the floor is slightly rough and bumpy, the two long plastic hose attachments tend to fall off really easily. The base in the back of the vacuum where the long plastic hose attachments "attach" there are these thin, short, attachment fins that just aren't long enough to really hold onto these long, hard, plastic hose attachments, or extensions. But other than that, I like the vacuum. It really SUCKS! Yeah, yeah, old vacuum salesman's joke. Sorry. But I just had to.
Date published: 2017-02-22
Rated 3 out of 5 by Bobberk from Except for the below comment. The interesting problem I see, I purchased a life time system a few years ago which had the capacity of 12 gallons, 5HP. and I use it to pull out hair in shower room, The new unit same 5HP and a capacity of 16 gallons does not have the pulling power that my existing one has. WHY?. Should I return the new one and use the old one? Both items have been purchased from HOME Depot Thank you for your expected response
Date published: 2016-12-17
Rated 5 out of 5 by angel213619 from definitely worth it. It handles as it should and some. It's better to buy the greater gallon capacity, rather than less. Get more for your money.
Date published: 2016-12-07
Is it normal for the motor to slow down and shut off?
I just bought the unit to suck up popcorn ceiling debris as I am scraping it. I had a bag installed, then changed my mind since the ceiling is wetted down and was concerned this would not work in a paper bag. Was only going for a few minutes and the unit shutdown twice. Motor smelled like it was overheating too. There is very little debris and dust in the tank, very surprised the motor could be stopped so quickly. Total work time was less than 10 minutes.
Thank you for contacting RIDGID. We are sorry for your experience. I want to assure you that this not typical. We make sure that we stand behind our products. Thus, we offer a lifetime warranty against manufacturing and material defects for our RIDGID Wet/Dry Vacs. Please contact our customer service organization at 1-800-474-3443 so we can help you with some trouble shooting, provide you with the complete information and/or initiate a warranty claim. When contacting us, please provide the model and serial number of your wet / dry vac stamped on a silver sticker on the back of the power head, near the blower port or cord. If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to call us at 1-800-4-RIDGID (1-800-474-3443) or you may send your email to [email protected] Regards, RIDGID
Date published: 2016-06-01