Model WD1680

This newly designed RIDGID® 16 gallon wet/dry vac is a multifunctional powerhouse. Its powerful motor and large drum size allow it to perform extremely well as a conventional vac. In addition, the vacuum’s power head detaches and quickly converts into a 180 peak MPH handheld blower with a locking blowing wand that outperforms most dedicated leaf blowers. The quick-release cord wrap lets you spend less time unwrapping the 20’ cord, and more time on the job. The caddy conveniently keeps your accessories and hose close at hand. It’s like two incredible tools in one.

Features

• Detachable hand held blower provides 180 mph wind for removing debris from walkways, decks, yards, driveways, job sites, tools, etc. Performance meets or exceeds that of dedicated lawn & garden leaf blowers.
  • New, dedicated blowing wand positively locks into the blowing port so it won’t blower loose.
  • 6.5 peak horsepower motor provides maximum power for the heavy-duty pickup of water & debris in the shop, basement, garage or on the job.
  • Scroll Noise Reduction® is a patented feature that provides quiet operation by precisely controlling the flow of air through the vac.
  • Four swivel casters provide 360°, freewheeling maneuverability of the vac when pushed or pulled in any direction.
  • 7' Dual-Flex® Locking Hose resists collapsing and adds 180˚ flexibility at both hose ends. Hose locks onto vac for uninterrupted cleaning
  • Innovative accessory storage provides space for 7 individual items. No more searching or fumbling to find accessories.1-Layer Standard Pleated paper filter captures common everyday dirt.
  • 1-Layer Standard Pleated paper filter captures common everyday dirt.
  • 20’ Extra long power cord accommodates wide area cleaning.
  • Large built-in drain located at lowest point of drum for emptying of water.

Specifications

Drum Size 16 Gallons (US)
Cord Length 20’
U.L. Listed Yes
Replacement Filters VF4000, VF5000, VF6000, VF7000, VF3502
Accessory Size 2-1/2"
Shipping Weight 29 lbs.
Net Weight 25.5

Motor

Peak Horsepower 6.5
Air Watts 286
Voltage 120
CFM 172
Amps 12.0

Rated 4.8 out of 5 by 184 reviewers.
Rated 5 out of 5 by All the shop vac I need! Just purchased this shop vac, and am very pleased with it so far. Retired an old "Shop Vac" that I have had for years. I am pleased with the vacuum performance. I like the attachments that are included, and especially the detachable blower. Overall very pleased! May 20, 2016
Rated 4 out of 5 by I did not need a blower MY WIFES FAULT I needed a shop vac to blow out my endless pool it has all the power to blow alllll the water out. but it is WAY to big for me to lift off my deck to empty after sucking out the anti freeze. she should have brought me a smaller one but she told me that they quit making the one one i needed....i am sorry to give you a bad ratting for my wife mistake but i think she could have found a smaller one 8lbs per gallon is toooo much May 17, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Excellent product with all the correct attachments This product was recommended by a friend and boy was he right! Love the suction power, and the blower works wonderful May 15, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Get you one of these. 6.5hp Hand-held Blower + Wet/Dry Shop Vac in One. I am very pleased with performance of this product. Better than the Shop-Vac and Craftsman's I used to own. Pros: Priced just right. For me anyways. It's lightweight and allows you to blow your leaves and debris at a distance of 1-2 yards, or suck it if that's your thing, quickly blow out your PC towers/laptops heat sinks, car's engine bay after washing, car itself, refrigerator condenser and the dryers lint ducting which nobody ever does but should do regularly. Con's: The 2-1/2" extensions and 2-1/2" blower nozzle kept on falling or was being blown off while in use. It needs a twist lock, hook and loop or something to secure attachments. While vacuuming use a bag #VF3502 along with the cylindrical filter. You'll be breathing cleaner air and have longer run times and less down time. May 12, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Great features It has an easily replaceable filter since the tool caddy is attached to the drum and not the motor also it is really powerful May 6, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by great vacuum I am happy with the shop vac. It easily converts to a blower by taking off the top and plugging in the blower wand. May 5, 2016
Rated 3 out of 5 by Love/Hate relationship Love the product but the hose is cheap and not long enough, also when sweeping the wand keeps detaching from the hose. May 1, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Good dust collection option We primarily use this as a dust collection behind our miter saw. It helps to catch at least half the saw dust that doesn't make it into the saws actual dust bag. What doesn't make it in gets sucked up after we're done cutting and the rest is easily blown out the garage door with the blower feature. Honestly, the detachable blower feature is my favorite part. It comes off with the 1 small latch and then you just attach the blower accessory and bam, done. For the price, it comes with tremendous value and ease of use! April 27, 2016
  • 2016-05-24 T07:49:00.439-05:00
  • bvseo_lps, prod_bvrr, vn_prr_5.6
  • cp-1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_184, tr_184
  • loc_en_US, sid_461, prod, sort_default
2 3 4 5 7 »>>
6 Questions | 12 Answers

Product Q&A

Back >>

hi ... have the wd1665 model of the 16 gallon wet/dry vac. this unit has been great, but now notice that when i switch the unit ON, sometimes I have to giggle it a little to get it to start.
Any ideas on how to correct?
Do these switches wear out?
thanks.
2 years ago
by

Please wait while more information about glb225 is loaded.
Additional information about glb225 could not be loaded.
0points
0out of 0found this question helpful.

Answers

Answer:
Sounds like your switch is "going"...I suggest you contact Customer Service because you have a life-time warranty.
I don't recommend you trying to fix it on your own.
1 year, 5 months ago
Ontario, Canada

Please wait while more information about Benny is loaded.
Additional information about Benny could not be loaded.
0points
0out of 0found this answer helpful.

Answer:
If the power switch of the WD1665 is not operating properly, we can send a replacement switch no charge under warranty. You should be mechanically inclined to replace the switch. Please call us directly at 1-800-474-3443 so we can place the order. You should have the serial number of the vac once you contact us.

Thanks,
RIDGID
2 years ago
by

Please wait while more information about RIDGIDtools is loaded.
Additional information about RIDGIDtools could not be loaded.
0points
0out of 0found this answer helpful.

Answer:
Switches can go bad and wear out. It could be just a loose connection also? I would first spray some alcohol into the switch itself and around the switch housing because sometimes the contacts of the switch get dirty. Let this dry for a minute or two and then try it and see if it works. If not then If the machine is not under warranty you should be able to take it apart by removing some screws and the unit should separate into two pieces. This should also give you access to the switch. From their you can determine if it's a loose connection or a bad switch? Hope this helps?
1 year, 5 months ago
Dover, TN 37058, USA

Please wait while more information about ccno1 is loaded.
Additional information about ccno1 could not be loaded.
0points
0out of 0found this answer helpful.
I have only had my unit for about a month and used it very little.
3 months, 3 weeks ago
Tennessee

Please wait while more information about Soccerman418 is loaded.
Additional information about Soccerman418 could not be loaded.
0points
0out of 0found this question helpful.

Answers

Answer:
Thank you for contacting RIDGID® Customer Support.

There are a number of reasons your vac may have reduced suction power. We recommend that you check the following:

1 – The most common reason for reduced performance is a clogged filter that is full of debris. Please check the condition of your filter – you may need to either clean or replace your filter.

2 - The drain cap could be loose or missing. You should check the connections.

3 – The hose may have holes or could be clogged – you should check the condition of your hose and clean or replace if necessary.

4 - The float (which is the device inside the filter cage beneath the filter) could be stuck in the upward position. Check the float - it should be moving freely.

5 – The drum is not secure to the power head. You should check to insure that the drum is properly secured to the power head.

If the above recommendations do not solve your problem, please contact us and we can attempt to troubleshoot the vacuum with you. Also, if its within 90 days, you may return the vac at Home Depot for an exchange.

If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to call us at 1-800-4-RIDGID (1-800- 474-3443) or you may send your email to [email protected]

Regards,
RIDGID
3 months, 3 weeks ago
by

Please wait while more information about RIDGIDtools is loaded.
Additional information about RIDGIDtools could not be loaded.
0points
0out of 0found this answer helpful.

Answer:
Remove the filter then turn on the vac to see if that improves the suction, if not it is probably defective. If you have done the steps you described and still have poor performance it probably is defective. As a note if you purchased it at Home Depot you can return it for a refund within 90 days of purchase!
3 months, 3 weeks ago
Springfield, MO, USA

Please wait while more information about j37w is loaded.
Additional information about j37w could not be loaded.
0points
0out of 0found this answer helpful.

Answer:
Check float valve, it may be stuck
3 months, 3 weeks ago
Northern Illinois

Please wait while more information about AdamnCarpenter is loaded.
Additional information about AdamnCarpenter could not be loaded.
0points
0out of 0found this answer helpful.

2 answers

drain hose attachment

I am wondering where I can get a hose to fit on the drain outlet... or an adapter from the vac to a garden hose?
2 years, 2 months ago
Des Moines, IA, USA

Please wait while more information about ccyaltr is loaded.
Additional information about ccyaltr could not be loaded.
0points
0out of 0found this question helpful.

Answers

Answer:
The part number you will need is VT2519 hose to drain adapter.

They can be purchased at www.ridgidparts.com or through your local distributor. Please let us know if you need a distributor in your area.

RIDGID.
2 years, 2 months ago
by

Please wait while more information about RIDGID is loaded.
Additional information about RIDGID could not be loaded.
+1point
1out of 1found this answer helpful.

Answer:
Have you looked at your local Home Depot or on there web site to see if their is a adapter for the drain outlet? I don't know if rigid has a web site but you could see if they do and maybe get one from there? Hope this helps!
1 year, 5 months ago
Dover, TN 37058, USA

Please wait while more information about ccno1 is loaded.
Additional information about ccno1 could not be loaded.
0points
0out of 0found this answer helpful.
My blower has, what looks like a vent, where the attachment should go. I cant seem to remove the vent part.
1 year, 6 months ago
by

Please wait while more information about Kathy is loaded.
Additional information about Kathy could not be loaded.
0points
0out of 0found this question helpful.

Answers

Answer:
Thank you for your interest in RIDGID!

For our WD1680 vac, there is no part needed to be removed from the blowing port to use it as a blower. I sent an owner’s manual on the email address provided so you can have a reference on the parts included on the vac and the instruction on how to use this vac as a blower.

Regards,
RIDGID
1 year, 6 months ago
by

Please wait while more information about RIDGIDtools is loaded.
Additional information about RIDGIDtools could not be loaded.
+1point
1out of 1found this answer helpful.

Answer:
Did you get or can you locate your owners manual for your vac? You might even be able to go on the rigid web site and download the owners manual for your device? This should tell you how to hook up an attachment to your blower. You might even be able to find a YouTube video on it? Who knows their are videos on just about anything these days? My blower attachment locks into the blower port. Mine works like this I push the blower attachment into the blower port and then turn it clockwise until it locks into place which is great because you don't have to worry about it falling off or the blower blowing it off like on my older sears model I have. Hope this helps!
1 year, 5 months ago
Dover, TN 37058, USA

Please wait while more information about ccno1 is loaded.
Additional information about ccno1 could not be loaded.
0points
0out of 0found this answer helpful.
trying to use the blower feature, but am not sure if this is possible with this model, already bought and extra 8' line, (16' total line), as the area is tight, but improperly insulated.

the filter seems as it will deter this and removing the filter i think may clog up the motor.

thank you in advance for all responses.
8 months ago
by

Please wait while more information about darool is loaded.
Additional information about darool could not be loaded.
0points
0out of 0found this question helpful.

Answers

Answer:
Thank you for your interest in RIDGID. The WD1680 has “detachable blower.” It has the capability to be used as a dedicated blower for yard work, patio cleanup, and garage applications to blow dust and other debris. Since this unit has a detachable leaf blower, you can run the vac with or without a filter when using it as a blower.
I hope this meets your needs.

If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to call us at 1-800-4-RIDGID (1-800-474-3443) or you may send your email to [email protected]

Regards,
RIDGID
8 months ago
by

Please wait while more information about RIDGIDtools is loaded.
Additional information about RIDGIDtools could not be loaded.
0points
0out of 0found this answer helpful.

Answer:
Think you have your answer already in your question, it will clog blower, it's only mit to blow air "ONLY" not products.
5 months, 3 weeks ago
South Hill, WA, USA

Please wait while more information about Retired297 is loaded.
Additional information about Retired297 could not be loaded.
0points
0out of 0found this answer helpful.
2 »>>