Model WD1680

This newly designed RIDGID® 16 gallon wet/dry vac is a multifunctional powerhouse. Its powerful motor and large drum size allow it to perform extremely well as a conventional vac. In addition, the vacuum’s power head detaches and quickly converts into a 180 peak MPH handheld blower with a locking blowing wand that outperforms most dedicated leaf blowers. The quick-release cord wrap lets you spend less time unwrapping the 20’ cord, and more time on the job. The caddy conveniently keeps your accessories and hose close at hand. It’s like two incredible tools in one.

Features

• Detachable hand held blower provides 180 mph wind for removing debris from walkways, decks, yards, driveways, job sites, tools, etc. Performance meets or exceeds that of dedicated lawn & garden leaf blowers.
  • New, dedicated blowing wand positively locks into the blowing port so it won’t blower loose.
  • 6.5 peak horsepower motor provides maximum power for the heavy-duty pickup of water & debris in the shop, basement, garage or on the job.
  • Scroll Noise Reduction® is a patented feature that provides quiet operation by precisely controlling the flow of air through the vac.
  • Four swivel casters provide 360°, freewheeling maneuverability of the vac when pushed or pulled in any direction.
  • 7' Dual-Flex® Locking Hose resists collapsing and adds 180˚ flexibility at both hose ends. Hose locks onto vac for uninterrupted cleaning
  • Innovative accessory storage provides space for 7 individual items. No more searching or fumbling to find accessories.1-Layer Standard Pleated paper filter captures common everyday dirt.
  • 1-Layer Standard Pleated paper filter captures common everyday dirt.
  • 20’ Extra long power cord accommodates wide area cleaning.
  • Large built-in drain located at lowest point of drum for emptying of water.

Specifications

Drum Size 16 Gallons (US)
Cord Length 20’
U.L. Listed Yes
Replacement Filters VF4000, VF5000, VF6000, VF7000, VF3502
Accessory Size 2-1/2"
Shipping Weight 29 lbs.
Net Weight 25.5

Motor

Peak Horsepower 6.5
Air Watts 286
Voltage 120
CFM 172
Amps 12.0

Rated 4.8 out of 5 by 176 reviewers.
Rated 4 out of 5 by A step backward I'm not so sure that you want to hear from me, but this is my 4th Ridgid Vacume and you have always stood behind your product. They work well but I do not care for this new design. 1rst, I've only used this new one once, but on my first use, the motor got very hot, and smelled of electrical after 10 minutes on 5 minutes off and 5 minutes on again. I am concerned and will watch it closely. It should not have got that hot. 2nd, the new design, the opening at the top of the tub should be the largest diameter, this makes cleaning or dumping the tub easier. 3rd, you often times need to pick up the vacume, this design is very unhandy, there are no handles, especially if the tub has got very full, or to even pull it across the floor, you almost have to pull it by the hose. 4th, wheels, my first vacume had the 4 crazy wheels similar to the current one, but honestly, my second one with the 2 big wheels and 2 crazy wheels rolled much easier across uneven, dirty, or less than concrete surfaces. Big wheels are more forgiving. 5th, this design has a slight improvement on the tub as it kind of has a cyclonic design, more so than the previous designs, but a lot of room for improvement. A cyclonic design would aid in dropping some of the larger material out of the airstream and extend the filter life and usability, and help immensely in wet applications. The old design I was able to install a sheet of perfected sheet metal a few inches above the floor which helped imensly in separating wet or dry materials and extending the life of the filter and motor April 8, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Last one you'll ever own I have owned a Ridgid Wet/Dry vac for over 23 years. It still runs strong so I gave it to my son when he moved out of the house and into his own place. A few months later I needed a shop vac because I was scraping a popcorn ceiling. I immediately ran to Home Depot and purchased anothe Ridgid. This one is even more powerful and the attachment caddy is a great improvement. Unfortunately, this one might outlast ME!!! March 29, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Excellent product I used it to clean out the leaves in my flower beds. It did a fantastic job, without any damage to my delicate flowers. March 20, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Very powerful! Very pleased with this product. It has a lot of power and maneuvers very well! March 19, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Another fantastic Ridgid product! This is my third Ridgid vac, and the second one with the detachable blower. it is also my 9th Ridgid product over all ranging from the vacs to an angle grinder, 4 battery operated drills and a table saw. All have been great purchases. March 19, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Works as advertised. Bought this because I needed a new blower. After reading reviews, I decided to get the vac/blower, because I wanted to upgrade my shop vac for my woodworking shop. Works great, for both applications. Blowing "stuff" off the driveway, and cleaning the garage floor, and cleaning sawdust (with a bag in the tank), I am impressed with Ridgid's quality. I own other Ridgid tools and am satisfied with their quality and warranty, so bought this and am not disappointed. March 19, 2016
Rated 5 out of 5 by Perfect for multiple jobs We needed a wet/dry vac to contain water leaks in a rental property. It has been used to clean up water and does a great job. Today, while on the roof, my backpack blower went out. I used the attached blower and it worked fantastically. March 7, 2016
Rated 4 out of 5 by Good Nice performance, of the vacuum suck and the Blower is very powerful wind out, I like very much March 4, 2016
  • 2016-04-28 T06:25:16.174-05:00
  • bvseo_lps, prod_bvrr, vn_prr_5.6
  • cp-1, bvpage1
  • co_hasreviews, tv_176, tr_176
  • loc_en_US, sid_461, prod, sort_default
2 3 4 5 7 »>>
5 Questions | 12 Answers

Product Q&A

Back >>

hi ... have the wd1665 model of the 16 gallon wet/dry vac. this unit has been great, but now notice that when i switch the unit ON, sometimes I have to giggle it a little to get it to start.
Any ideas on how to correct?
Do these switches wear out?
thanks.
1 year, 11 months ago
by

Please wait while more information about glb225 is loaded.
Additional information about glb225 could not be loaded.
0points
0out of 0found this question helpful.

Answers

Answer:
Sounds like your switch is "going"...I suggest you contact Customer Service because you have a life-time warranty.
I don't recommend you trying to fix it on your own.
1 year, 4 months ago
Ontario, Canada

Please wait while more information about Benny is loaded.
Additional information about Benny could not be loaded.
0points
0out of 0found this answer helpful.

Answer:
If the power switch of the WD1665 is not operating properly, we can send a replacement switch no charge under warranty. You should be mechanically inclined to replace the switch. Please call us directly at 1-800-474-3443 so we can place the order. You should have the serial number of the vac once you contact us.

Thanks,
RIDGID
1 year, 11 months ago
by

Please wait while more information about RIDGIDtools is loaded.
Additional information about RIDGIDtools could not be loaded.
0points
0out of 0found this answer helpful.

Answer:
Switches can go bad and wear out. It could be just a loose connection also? I would first spray some alcohol into the switch itself and around the switch housing because sometimes the contacts of the switch get dirty. Let this dry for a minute or two and then try it and see if it works. If not then If the machine is not under warranty you should be able to take it apart by removing some screws and the unit should separate into two pieces. This should also give you access to the switch. From their you can determine if it's a loose connection or a bad switch? Hope this helps?
1 year, 4 months ago
Dover, TN 37058, USA

Please wait while more information about ccno1 is loaded.
Additional information about ccno1 could not be loaded.
0points
0out of 0found this answer helpful.
I have only had my unit for about a month and used it very little.
2 months, 4 weeks ago
Tennessee

Please wait while more information about Soccerman418 is loaded.
Additional information about Soccerman418 could not be loaded.
0points
0out of 0found this question helpful.

Answers

Answer:
Thank you for contacting RIDGID® Customer Support.

There are a number of reasons your vac may have reduced suction power. We recommend that you check the following:

1 – The most common reason for reduced performance is a clogged filter that is full of debris. Please check the condition of your filter – you may need to either clean or replace your filter.

2 - The drain cap could be loose or missing. You should check the connections.

3 – The hose may have holes or could be clogged – you should check the condition of your hose and clean or replace if necessary.

4 - The float (which is the device inside the filter cage beneath the filter) could be stuck in the upward position. Check the float - it should be moving freely.

5 – The drum is not secure to the power head. You should check to insure that the drum is properly secured to the power head.

If the above recommendations do not solve your problem, please contact us and we can attempt to troubleshoot the vacuum with you. Also, if its within 90 days, you may return the vac at Home Depot for an exchange.

If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to call us at 1-800-4-RIDGID (1-800- 474-3443) or you may send your email to [email protected]

Regards,
RIDGID
2 months, 3 weeks ago
by

Please wait while more information about RIDGIDtools is loaded.
Additional information about RIDGIDtools could not be loaded.
0points
0out of 0found this answer helpful.

Answer:
Remove the filter then turn on the vac to see if that improves the suction, if not it is probably defective. If you have done the steps you described and still have poor performance it probably is defective. As a note if you purchased it at Home Depot you can return it for a refund within 90 days of purchase!
2 months, 3 weeks ago
Springfield, MO, USA

Please wait while more information about j37w is loaded.
Additional information about j37w could not be loaded.
0points
0out of 0found this answer helpful.

Answer:
Check float valve, it may be stuck
2 months, 3 weeks ago
Northern Illinois

Please wait while more information about AdamnCarpenter is loaded.
Additional information about AdamnCarpenter could not be loaded.
0points
0out of 0found this answer helpful.

2 answers

drain hose attachment

I am wondering where I can get a hose to fit on the drain outlet... or an adapter from the vac to a garden hose?
2 years, 1 month ago
Des Moines, IA, USA

Please wait while more information about ccyaltr is loaded.
Additional information about ccyaltr could not be loaded.
0points
0out of 0found this question helpful.

Answers

Answer:
The part number you will need is VT2519 hose to drain adapter.

They can be purchased at www.ridgidparts.com or through your local distributor. Please let us know if you need a distributor in your area.

RIDGID.
2 years, 1 month ago
by

Please wait while more information about RIDGID is loaded.
Additional information about RIDGID could not be loaded.
+1point
1out of 1found this answer helpful.

Answer:
Have you looked at your local Home Depot or on there web site to see if their is a adapter for the drain outlet? I don't know if rigid has a web site but you could see if they do and maybe get one from there? Hope this helps!
1 year, 4 months ago
Dover, TN 37058, USA

Please wait while more information about ccno1 is loaded.
Additional information about ccno1 could not be loaded.
0points
0out of 0found this answer helpful.
My blower has, what looks like a vent, where the attachment should go. I cant seem to remove the vent part.
1 year, 5 months ago
by

Please wait while more information about Kathy is loaded.
Additional information about Kathy could not be loaded.
0points
0out of 0found this question helpful.

Answers

Answer:
Thank you for your interest in RIDGID!

For our WD1680 vac, there is no part needed to be removed from the blowing port to use it as a blower. I sent an owner’s manual on the email address provided so you can have a reference on the parts included on the vac and the instruction on how to use this vac as a blower.

Regards,
RIDGID
1 year, 5 months ago
by

Please wait while more information about RIDGIDtools is loaded.
Additional information about RIDGIDtools could not be loaded.
+1point
1out of 1found this answer helpful.

Answer:
Did you get or can you locate your owners manual for your vac? You might even be able to go on the rigid web site and download the owners manual for your device? This should tell you how to hook up an attachment to your blower. You might even be able to find a YouTube video on it? Who knows their are videos on just about anything these days? My blower attachment locks into the blower port. Mine works like this I push the blower attachment into the blower port and then turn it clockwise until it locks into place which is great because you don't have to worry about it falling off or the blower blowing it off like on my older sears model I have. Hope this helps!
1 year, 4 months ago
Dover, TN 37058, USA

Please wait while more information about ccno1 is loaded.
Additional information about ccno1 could not be loaded.
0points
0out of 0found this answer helpful.
trying to use the blower feature, but am not sure if this is possible with this model, already bought and extra 8' line, (16' total line), as the area is tight, but improperly insulated.

the filter seems as it will deter this and removing the filter i think may clog up the motor.

thank you in advance for all responses.
7 months ago
by

Please wait while more information about darool is loaded.
Additional information about darool could not be loaded.
0points
0out of 0found this question helpful.

Answers

Answer:
Thank you for your interest in RIDGID. The WD1680 has “detachable blower.” It has the capability to be used as a dedicated blower for yard work, patio cleanup, and garage applications to blow dust and other debris. Since this unit has a detachable leaf blower, you can run the vac with or without a filter when using it as a blower.
I hope this meets your needs.

If you have any further questions or concerns, feel free to call us at 1-800-4-RIDGID (1-800-474-3443) or you may send your email to [email protected]

Regards,
RIDGID
7 months ago
by

Please wait while more information about RIDGIDtools is loaded.
Additional information about RIDGIDtools could not be loaded.
0points
0out of 0found this answer helpful.

Answer:
Think you have your answer already in your question, it will clog blower, it's only mit to blow air "ONLY" not products.
5 months ago
South Hill, WA, USA

Please wait while more information about Retired297 is loaded.
Additional information about Retired297 could not be loaded.
0points
0out of 0found this answer helpful.
1 of 1