The RIDGID PTEC Cutter is the first cutter of its kind that provides the hassle-free ability to execute a clean, fast, and straight cut on thin-wall plastic tube. This versatile cutter can be used on Polyethylene (PE), Polypropylene (PP), and Thin-Walled PVC tubes.


  • Clean, Automatic Deburring - The cut produced by this cutter results in only a fine strand of plastic, as opposed to the fuzz created around the cut of a hacksaw. No need for a second tool to deburr, this cutter automatically deburrs in parallel to cutting action.
  • Automatic Beveling - Allows for immediate, easy joining to other sink drain pieces.
  • Open Bore Design - Allows cutting of double-flanged plastic drain pipe.
  • PTEC 3000 - Single-flanged 1 1/4"; Double-flanged 1 1/2"
  • PTEC 5000 - Double-flanged 50mm

Ordering Information

Catalog Number Model No. Description Capacity (O.D.) Weight
in. mm lb. kg
41608 PTEC 3000  Plastic Drain Pipe Cutter  1 1/4, 1 1/2  2.00  0.9 
40868 PTEC 5000  Plastic Drain Pipe Cutter  50  0.44  0.2 

Request Information

1 Question | 1 Answer

Product Q&A

Back >>
I have the original PTEC 3000 tool that does not have an open end for the 1 and 1/2" pipe. Frequently the cutter will not cut all the way through thin wall plastic tubing no matter how many revolutions I make. Was the design change made to correct this problem or is the cutter dull? If so, am I entitled to a free replacement tool under your lifetime warranty? I am not a professional plumber, and this tool is infrequently used in my part time handyman business. The tool was purchased from the Home Depot. Thanks
2 months, 3 weeks ago
Customer avatar
St. Louis, MO, USA
Read all my Q&A
Please wait while more information about Bill is loaded.
Additional information about Bill could not be loaded.
0out of 0found this question helpful.
Was this helpful?helpful0unhelpful0


The 50000 is for 50mm tailpieces. It is primarily sold in Canada.

If you would like to have the item looked at for warranty evaluation please contact us at 888-743-4333 and we can issue and RGA (Return Goods Authorization) number to have the product sent back for evaluation.

Thank you
2 months, 2 weeks ago
Customer avatar
Read all my Q&A
Please wait while more information about RIDGID is loaded.
Additional information about RIDGID could not be loaded.
0out of 0found this answer helpful.
Was this helpful?helpful0unhelpful0
1 of 1
1 of 1