The TALKING TOOLS WITH RIDGID® CAMPAIGN CONTEST 2022 - OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE THE ODDS OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Contest Period:TALKING TOOLS WITH RIDGID® CAMPAIGN (the “Contest”) begins on March 09, 2022, at 12:00:01 AM Eastern Daylight Time ("EDT") and ends on March 31, 2022, at 11:59:59 PM EDT (the "Contest Period"). All entries must be received by March 31, 2022, by 11:59:59 PM EDT. Sponsor’s internal business computer will be the official clock of this Contest.
- Sponsor:The Contest is sponsored by Ridge Tool Company, 400 Clark Street, Elyria, Ohio, 44035 ("Sponsor”).
- Eligibility:The Contest is open to all legal residents of the fifty (50) United States, District of Columbia who are: (A) 21 years of age or older at the time of entry, and (B) have joined the RIDGID mailing list prior to the start of the Contest Period. Employees (including temporary employees employed during the Contest Period) of Sponsor, its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, or those entities associated with the development, distribution or implementation of this Contest, and their immediate family members (spouse, siblings, children and parents, regardless of where they live) and/or persons living in their same household (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate in the Contest. Participation in the Contest constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional acceptance of and agreement to be bound by these “The RIDGID Experience Contest - Official Rules” herein (“Official Rules”) and each entrant represents and warrants that s/he meets the eligibility requirements set forth herein. Entrant further agrees to accept the decisions of Sponsor as final and binding as it relates to the Contest, and agrees that Sponsor shall retain full authority, in its sole discretion, to interpret and administer these Official Rules. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW, RULE, REGULATION OR ORDINANCE.
- How to Enter: During the Contest Period, Sponsor will contact Sponsor selected members of the RIDGID Mailing List by email with a contest offer, instructions to complete an initial questionnaire, and a link to the Sponsor’s initial questionnaire To enter the contest, entrant must follow the link and complete all answers to the initial questionnaire (the “Entry Form”). Then Sponsor will review the initial questionnaire using the criteria in Section 7 of these Official Rules and as further set forth below to make a decision if the entrants’ responses to the initial questionnaire qualify for advancement to the next round, a live 45 to 60 minute one-one-one interview with Sponsor. If selected to participate in the next round live 45 to 60 minute one-one-one interview with Sponsor entrant must reply back to Sponsor to set a time to complete the live 45 to 60 minute one-one-one interview with Sponsor within five (5) days of notification by Sponsor, which Sponsor can record and the selected entrant must complete the live 45 to 60 minute one-one-one interview with Sponsor no later than April 30, 2022. Limit of one (1) entry per eligible person and email address during the Contest Period. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address.
Next Round Entrant Notification: After completing their initial questionnaire, Sponsor will review Entries. Entrants will be notified of their selection to participate in the next round by Sponsor sent by an e-mail or phone number provided in the Entry Form (initial questionnaire) starting after March 10, 2022 but no later than March 31, 2022, of their selection to participate in the next round of the contest (completing a live 45 to 60 minute one-on-one survey) based on the criteria in Section 7 to their Entry Form. If an Entrant does not respond back after being notified of its eligibility for participation in the next round (the live 45 to 60 minute one-on-one survey) within five (5) days of Sponsor’s message, or does not complete the live 45 to 60 minute one-on-one survey after being selected, cannot be reached, does not otherwise respond within five (5) days of the first notification attempt, is found to be ineligible, declines to accept to complete the live 45 to 60 minute one-on-one survey, or declines to accept the Prize the potential winner may be disqualified in Sponsor’s sole discretion. In such event, an alternate Entrant may be selected from all the remaining qualified entries, based on the judging criteria set forth in these Official Rules. Sponsor shall have no liability for a winner’s failure to receive notices due to winner’s spam, junk e-mail, email settings, or other security settings, or for winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information.
By submitting the Entry Form and completing the recorded live 45 to 60 minute one-on-one survey by April 30, 2022, entrant fully agrees to give Sponsor a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such responses from the Entry Form and live 45 to 60 minute one-on-one survey recording and any and all other text accompanying the entry in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed, including without limitation for promotional or marketing purposes. Each entrant also grants a waiver and full release relating to the entry, including without limitation, waiving rights of publicity or privacy of the entrant. If requested, entrant will sign any documents that may be required from Sponsor or its designees to make use of the Entry Form and live 45 to 60 minute one-on-one survey recording.
Personal information provided on the Entry Form will be handled in accordance with Section 13 of these Official Rules. All entries and responses to the live 45 to 60 minute one-on-one survey recording will become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned, and no correspondence will be entered regarding the status of any entry. In Sponsor’s sole discretion, entries that do not comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. Incomplete or illegible entries will not be considered. Any attempt to obtain more than the permitted number of entries by using multiple identities, registrations, logins, or any other methods may void entries and may result in being disqualified from the Contest. Any use of robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents (including, but not limited to, sweepstakes entry services) will void all entries. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entry at any time which, in Sponsor’s opinion, is offensive, contains unsuitable material, endangers the safety or wellbeing of any entrant, or if it is determined the entrant has not complied with applicable laws. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the Authorized Account Holder of the email address associated with the email account used to enter will be deemed to be the entrant. The “Authorized Account Holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the Authorized Account Holders.
- Prizes: Thirty (30) total Grand Prize winners (defined below) – will be selected based on the criteria set forth in Sections 6 and 7 below and will win a free $100 Visa® gift card sent to them by mail.
The Grand Prize (collectively, the “Prize” or “Prizes”) are non-transferable. No cash or other substitution of Prize will be made, except at Sponsor’s sole discretion. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a Prize for one of equal or greater value. The Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen Prizes and are not responsible for any lost, mutilated or stolen Gift Cards. Sponsor is not responsible for any inability of any winner to accept or use any Prize (or portion thereof) for any reason.
- Winner Selection and Requirements
- Winner Selection: Sponsor will use the judging criteria outlined in Section 7 to select entrants to complete the next round live 45 to 60 minute one-one-one interview with Sponsor. The first thirty (30) entrants to successfully complete the next round live 45 to 60 minute one-one-one interview with Sponsor will become Grand Prize Winners. Decisions of the Sponsor will be final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest.
- Responsibility for Prize/Taxes: If entrant wins a Prize, entrant understands and agrees that s/he is solely responsible for the use, care and maintenance of the Prize, including all insurance requirements, licensing requirements, and liability for use.PRIZES ARE AWARDED “AS IS” WITH NO REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE OF ANY KIND BY SPONSOR, AND EXCLUDE ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, ARISING BY OPERATION OF LAW OR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, MERCHANT ABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. All Prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. The recipient should consult his/her tax advisor for the proper tax treatment of this income on his/her tax return.
- Compliance with Laws:Receipt of any Prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon the entrant’s compliance with these Official Rules and all federal and state laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY ANY WINNER MAY (AT SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION) RESULT IN SUCH WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST AND ALL WINNER PRIVILEGES WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED. If any provision of these Official Rules shall be deemed to violate any federal, state or municipal law, it shall be amended to conform to such law and all other provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
- Judging Criteria:Eligible entries will be judged and scored internally by Sponsor based upon the following criteria.
- One-half of the score will be based upon how often the Entrant uses the tool types listed in the survey.
- One-half of the score will be based upon the extent to which Entrant is involved in the MEP Plumbing, Mechanical & HVAC/R, General Contractor, Residential Contractor, Remodeler, DIY TRADES.
- Publicity:By entering this Contest, entrant understands and agrees that Sponsor, anyone acting on behalf of Sponsor or its respective licensees, successors and assigns will have the right, where permitted by law, without any further notice, review or consent to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter in perpetuity (including, without limitation, Sponsor’s websites, social media accounts, newsletters), the entry, including without limitation, responses from the next round live 45 to 60 minute one-on-one survey recording and Entry Form, any photographs or videos of the entrant which may be taken as part of a Prize or Prize-related event, and entrant’s name, hometown, images and likenesses for editorial, advertising, publicity, and promotional purposes without additional compensation.
- RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS: BY ENTERING THIS CONTEST, THE ENTRANT HEREBY AGREES TO RELEASE AND HOLD HARMLESS SPONSOR, ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, ADVERTISING AND PROMOTION AGENCIES, AND THOSE ENTITIES ASSOCIATED WITH THE DEVELOPMENT, DISTRIBUTION AND IMPLEMENTATION OF THIS CONTEST, AND EACH OF THEIR DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, ATTORNEYS, AGENTS AND REPRESENTATIVES FROM ANY DAMAGE, INJURY, EXPENSE, COST, DEATH, LOSS, CLAIM, ACTION, DEMAND, OR OTHER LIABILITY THAT MAY ARISE IN CONNECTION WITH THE CONTEST, WHETHER CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE ON THE PART OF SPONSOR OR NOT, INCLUDING ALL CLAIMS OR THREATENED CLAIMS RELATING TO (A) PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST;(B) ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, USE OR MISUSE OF ANY PRIZE; (C) PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONTEST OR PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY; (D) TECHNICAL FAILURES OF ANY KIND; OR(E) ELECTRONIC OR HUMAN ERROR WHICH MAY OCCUR IN THE ADMINISTRATION OF THE CONTEST OR PROCESSING OF ENTRIES.
- Termination: Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion and without notice, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Examples of reasons for termination or modification of the Contest may include (without limitation) Sponsor’s inability to reasonably or fairly conduct or administer the Contest due to business changes, viruses, malware, security breaches, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond Sponsor’s control. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Official Rules. Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE; THE SPONSOR RESERVED THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH ENTRANT(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- General Rules:The Sponsor is not responsible for (i) late, lost, delayed, damaged, incomplete, illegible, misdirected or undeliverable entries, responses, or other correspondence; (ii)theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials; (iii)any typographical or other errors in the printing of these Official Rules, administration of this Contest or in the announcement of any winner(s) or Prize(s); or (iv) phone, electrical, network, computer, hardware, software program or transmission malfunctions, failures or difficulties. By participating in the Contest, entrant acknowledges that entrant has read these Official Rules and any other terms and conditions, rules, guidelines or policies applicable to the Contest, and agrees to abide by them.
- DISPUTES RESOLVED VIA ARBITRATION:To the fullest extent permitted by law, by participating in the Contest, entrant understands and agrees that any claim or dispute regarding the Contest or these Official Rules will be resolved individually (NOT AS PART OF A CLASS ACTION/PROCEEDING) and by means of binding arbitration (NOT IN A COURT OF LAW; THE RIGHT TO A JURY TRIAL IS BEING WAIVED). Such arbitration will be before a one-member panel of the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) pursuant to the Commercial Dispute Resolution Procedures and the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (“AAA Rules”) (to the extent the AAA Rules are consistent with these Official Rules). The panel member will be reasonably acceptable to both parties. If entrant and Sponsor cannot reasonably agree to a single panel member, the AAA will unilaterally appoint the panel member. The panel member may conduct the arbitration by telephone, online, by written submissions, or any combination of the foregoing, as determined by the panel member. The arbitration will be conducted under the Federal Arbitration Act (“FAA”) and will be governed by Ohio law, without regard for the conflicts of law doctrine. Additionally, by participating in the Contest, each entrant agrees that, regardless of whether a claim proceeds in arbitration or in court, (1) any and all claims, judgments, and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event legal/attorneys’ fees; and (2) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN AWARDS FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO CLAIM, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, AND ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN FOR ACTUAL OUT-OF-POCKET EXPENSES, AND ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED.
- Winner's List: For a list of the prize winners, which will be available seven (7) days after the announcement of the winners, send your request specifying TALKING TOOLS WITH RIDGID® CAMPAIGN CONTEST 2022 Contest to the Attn: Becky Brotherton ([email protected]) TALK TOOLS FOCUS GROUP SURVEY participant List no later than May 11, 2022.