- Slant top cover design - Allows easier access to stored materials and tools
- Field desk capability - Lock cover in horizontal position for instant on site work surface
- Heavy-duty, extra-wide, permanently welded shelf - With a depth of 11", easily helps to organize contents
- Permanently retained lock with recessed shackle - Saves time, prevents lost locks and access by saws, pry bars and cutters (Locks not included)
- Fully arc welded construction - Tighter tolerances ensures durability
- Overlapping cover design - Superior weather resistance and security
- Durable baked enamel finish - Provides heavy-duty, long lasting protection
- Corner located lock housing - Prevents corner pry-ins; maximizes internal storage and access
- Solid lock tang - For superior security and pry resistance
- Ergonomic, recessed handles - 90-degree stop provides maximum leverage
- Full-length cover handle - Slip resistant for easy opening
- Locking cover support skids - Secures cover in open position, prevents accidental closure
- Solid 1-piece 12 ga. skids - With wide base for greater strength and stability
|Construction||Arc Welded, 16 Ga. Steel|
|Dimensions||(60" x 30" x 37")|
|Usable storage||31 Cu. Ft.|
|Shipping weight||225 lbs.|
3068 On-Site Slant Top Storage Chest is rated out of 5 by 7.
Rated 3 out of 5 by Jared from Features I wish it had a hydraulic hinge on the lid. I would like to have the net on the inside lid that comes on smaller boxes.I would like to even be able to purchase them but you can only buy wheels from the Ridgid site!
Date published: 2017-10-23
Rated 2 out of 5 by ckmb from Padlock access is very poor The recommended padlock, the Master Lock #5 is recessed into the lock housing so far that it is always difficult to get the key in to unlock the box. A long bodied lock is really needed to get the key hole out enough to get a key in. That type of lock apparently does not exist. This is very poor design.
Date published: 2016-10-25
Rated 5 out of 5 by dwf1967 from love it All I can say is I love it. Wished I had bought one sooner.
Date published: 2015-10-15
Rated 4 out of 5 by MidtownBoatWorks from Very good tool box This is a good tool box for the house. I like the shelf for power tools. It is not as tough as other models. It costs less. My tool box dis not come with the u-bolt for the lock. I made it for my tool box.
Date published: 2015-08-30
Rated 1 out of 5 by Kyle from Cant lock We purchased two of these units. On the first one the right side would not aligned with the lock whole. We are still unable to lock the box. Now on the second unit the left side is doing the same thing. The first one was right from delivery and the second only took 3 weeks to not line up. We are not smashing these or moving them around ether. They have a warranty but to take them back is to difficult due to size and weight.
Date published: 2015-08-05
Rated 3 out of 5 by complete1 from Over priced for what you get I think this is a nice job site box but the locks are recessed to far in and there is no documentation on what size lock it takes. I looked at all the wheels that Home Depot had while onsite buying the box and none of them aliened with the holes on the base plate so I had to drill holes for two of them on each wheel. Also the clips that hold the rods in place to use it as a table will break off if used a number of times. The other thing I would like to see in the box is the hole that they put in the rear of the box like they do on the smaller box to charge things in the box while it is locked up.
Date published: 2015-01-10
Rated 5 out of 5 by Nicki19 from This product has great features! This is a very sturdy storage chest and has a considerable amount of space. I was very pleased with the quality as well as the price
Date published: 2014-11-24
What are the overall INTERIOR dimensions as well as distance between the welded shelf and front of box, distance from bottom of box to bottom of shelf
Thank you for your interest in RIDGID. The Model 3068 Classic Storage Chest measures 60 in. deep, 37 in. high and 30 in. wide and has a capacity of 31 cu. ft. This tilt top chest provides great value, versatility and secure storage for the jobsite or at home. The welded built-in-tray measures 11"Wx60"Lx2 1/2" D. The distance between the welded shelf and front of the box is 19". The distance from bottom of box to bottom of shelf is approximately 18.5" Regards, RIDGID
Date published: 2017-09-06
How many casters do you recommend to install in this box? 6 or 4?
Ridgid boxes are meant to have 4 casters installed.
Date published: 2018-01-02
What size locks do we use for this box?
The recommended padlock is Masterlock #5 with a 1” height shackle. Thanks, RIDGID
Date published: 2017-09-06