Why do the mounting brackets for this stand not work with the 12" compound miter saw?
I have the 12" compound miter saw and first off, the assembly instructions are the absolute worst I have ever seen. Why would the written instructions be in the front, and then the diagrams in the back of the book? That means you constant have to flip back and forth.
Second, the parts list couldn't be more unclear. All metric, with no picture so show what bolt, nut, etc... is being referenced.
Third, the clamping brackets that go on the top of the stand do not work with the 12" compound miter saw. WHAT!?!? The back slots will allow you to insert the bolts, but the front ones don't because of the locking mechanism on the clamps.. The instructions say to you "1/2" material or greater and mount that to the brackets, then mount the saw to the material." REALLY!? Are you serious? So I have to go buy plywood to make this work? That is unacceptable. If this issue hasn't been addressed it should, because this is a horrible design flaw with a half-hearted attempt for a fix.
Finally, I am missing parts from my kit. How would I go about getting them? How would I know what to call the part that I am missing since there is no picture accurately showing what the parts look like. I guess you could say I need a "dome top nut". The one that is used to secure the foot pad.
I have to say, this stand is a huge disappointment and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.
I just mounted a 12" Dewalt compound sliding mitre saw and it was simple. It is not necessary to attach the mounts to the saw prior to attaching them to the MSUV. Here is how I did it....
1) Place the mounting brackets on the MSUV in their approximate positions (but not locked in place) and place the saw on top of them.
2) Position the mounting brackets to line up the mounting holes on the saw base with the slots on the brackets. Just lift the side of the saw slightly to move the bracket from side to side on the MSUV.
2) Insert the rear bolts through the mounting bracket and saw base and install washers and nuts just a few threads.
3) Slide the saw toward the back of the mounting brackets so the front mounting holes on the saw base are almost clear of the bracket locking mechanism. Insert the front mounting screws and install washers and nuts finger tight. (You may have to lift the front of the saw slightly to slide the mounting screw into position.)
4) Position the saw where you want it (front to back) on the brackets and then tighten the nuts using a wrench. You can also nudge the brackets from the sides so they are as far under the sides of the saw base as they will go before tightening the nuts.
5) Saw is now attached to the mounting brackets! Just lock the brackets in place on the MSUV and you're good to go! Easy Peasy!
Date published: 2017-09-06
I bought this utility vehicle from a vendor at Amazon, unfortunately it came with two missing parts and the vendor doesn't have them. I am attaching picture of the missing parts. They are one number handle bar and one number plastic foot pad. How do I get those?
If it were me I would first try the customer service number, if that doesn't work I would try my nearest Ridgid service shop and if I still had no luck I would send the stand back to the company I purchased it from.
Date published: 2017-09-06
Where can I get the operators manual or assembly instructions for this stand?
Purchased this stand and no assembly instructions or operators manual in the box. Searched the entire website for a printable download and couldn't find one. Went back to home depot and the sales person there was completely useless!!! I need this information as soon a possible please!!
If you have experience assembling anything this should be very self explanatory, I didn't have an instruction manual with mine and was able to look at the picture and go by process of elimination for the 3 things I really couldn't tell what was what on the picture in about 30 minutes.
Date published: 2018-12-04